Winter, spring, summer, or fall, Vail, CO, is the ultimate destination for adventurers. Immerse yourself in a beautiful setting surrounded by nature and all its wonders. You couldn’t ask for a better place to visit, from skiing and snowboarding to hiking and mountain biking, regardless of the season. Read on to learn more about the best time to visit Vail, CO, by season. Then, be sure to request a free copy of our Vacation Guide for more thoughtful insight regarding the best things to do in the area!
When Is the Best Time to Visit Vail, CO?
Fun in the Snow
You’re probably already familiar with Vail’s reputation as the go-to destination for skiing and snowboarding. In addition to these popular winter sports, you will also find other ample opportunities for fun in the snow:
- Snowmobile tours
- Dog sledding excursions
- Sleigh ride dinners
- Ice climbing
- & so much more!
Winter Events & Festivals
The fun doesn’t stop on the slopes! Even in the colder months, guests and locals alike love to gather and celebrate. Some of the most popular events of the season include:
- Revelry Vail | Late November
- Birds of Prey World Cup | Early December
- Vail Snow Days | Mid December
- Vail Holidays | December
- Vail Legacy Days | Mid-February
- Burton US Open | Late February/ Early March
- Vail Film Festival | Late March/ Early April
- Taste of Vail | Early April
- Spring Back to Vail | April
- Powabunga | April, Vail closing weekend
In the Summer
Gorgeous Weather for Outdoor Adventures
Ask most locals why they moved to Vail, and they will say they came for the winters but stayed for the summers. Take advantage of the longer days, sunshine, and warm, dry weather with activities like:
Summer Events & Festivals
Summer is THE festival season in Vail! From music festivals to farmers’ markets to food and drink tastings, we are never lacking for something to do. Some of our favorites include:
- GoPro Mountain Games | Early June
- Vail Farmers’ Market & Art Show | Sundays, June through September
- Vail Craft Beer Festival | June
- Vail Arts Festival | Late June
- Bravo! Vail Music Festival | Late June through early August
- Beaver Creek Rodeo Series | Thursdays July through August
- Vail International Dance Festival | Late July through early August
- Annual Vail Jazz Party | Labor Day Weekend
- Gourmet on Gore | Labor Day Weekend
- Vail Oktoberfest | September
- Colorado Grand | September
- Vail Restaurant Week | Late September through early October
Travel Tip: View our events calendar to learn more about the best events that take place in Vail throughout the year!
Maybe you’re searching for a cozy après ski dining destination in the winter. Perhaps you’re in the mood for a light and refreshing meal in the summer. Regardless, you’ll find no shortage of year-round dining options. We typically recommend restaurants such as Sweet Basil, Matsuhisa, and bōl.
Travel Tip: For more restaurant recommendations, check out our Foodie’s Guide to the Valley or request a copy of our Vacation Guide. Our staff is always happy to make suggestions as well! We’ll even book your reservations for you.
Fun Shopping Opportunities
Shopping in Vail is a unique experience. Whether you’re searching for a souvenir, ski gear, boutique clothing, or one-of-a-kind works of art, you’ll find it all in our quaint villages!
Relaxing Spa Days
If you’re planning to spend most of your vacation exploring the great outdoors, you’ll want to schedule some time to unwind as well. What better way to soothe sore muscles and relax during your getaway than with a spa day? Make yourself an appointment for an indulgent service such as a hot stone massage or a refreshing facial!
Make the Most of Your Vacation When You Stay at Lodge at Lionshead
When is the best time of year to visit Vail? Any time! Now you know that Vail, CO, is the ultimate year-round destination, it’s time to start planning your trip. Regardless of when you visit, make yourself at home in luxurious accommodations at Lodge at Lionshead. Our beautiful condos and studios set the scene for your dream vacation! Make reservations, book activities, and more through our concierge services. Our thoughtful staff is always more than happy to point you in the right direction with their local insight.
What are you waiting for?