Skiing and other winter sports can require a lot more clothing and gear than other activities. If you’re planning a winter trip to Vail, we’ve got you covered! We’ve rounded up our best winter trip packing tips, so you can be sure to bring everything you’ll need.
Whether you’re visiting Vail, Colorado in the winter or in the summer, there are countless adventures to be had! Access our complimentary Vacation Guide for all the best restaurants, shopping, and things to do in our breathtaking region.
Packing Tips: Everything You’ll Need Before Hitting the Slopes
While you’re flying down the ski slope with the wind in your face, you’re going to need layers to stay warm and protect your skin from windburn.
- Base layer for top and bottom – wool or synthentic fabrics are best
- Socks – ski or snowboard specific are best
- Insulating mid layer like a fleece jacket
- Waterproof jacket and pants
- Stocking hat or baklava and helmet
- Neck gaiter
- Waterproof gloves or mittens
- Face mask to wear at indoor facilities on mountain
You can rent any equipment you’ll need for skiing or snowboarding at Vail Mountain, but if you’d like to bring your own gear here’s what you need:
- Skis or Snowboard
- Ski Poles
- Ski Boots or Snowboard Boots
- Hydration Pack (optional)
- Lip Balm with SPF
Casual Winter Clothes
While you explore Vail or lounge around the lodge, you’ll want some warm and comfy clothes.
- Joggers and/or Leggings
- Warm Jacket
- Winter Hat
- Plenty of Warm Socks
- Warm Boot/Shoes with good traction in the snow
- Warm Pants – jeans will work
- Long-sleeve Tops
- Swim Suit – for the outdoor heated pools and hot tubs at Lodge at Lionshead
Other Things to Pack
The items below will make your trip smoother.
- Lift Tickets/Passes
- Wallet and ID
- Insurance Cards
- Water Bottle
- Tablet or Books
- All Chargers You’ll Need
- Face Mask
- Hand Sanitizer
- Baby/Child Needs – anything you might need for the children traveling with you
Now that you know just what you need for your ski or snowboard trip packing list, it’s time to start planning your winter vacation to Vail! Lodge at Lionshead features great amenities like a sauna, hot tubs, a fitness center, and top-of-the-line Concierge Services. We also offer luxurious condos in different sizes ranging from studios to four-bedrooms. Plus, the Lodge is next to the lifts for easy access to the slopes! Browse our accommodations and start packing for your ski trip to Vail!