Editor’s Note 2020: Please check with individual restaurants, businesses, and establishments for updated hours, policies, and safety protocols.
Vail Valley in Colorado is home to an incredible variety of restaurants. From acclaimed establishments boasting authentic international cuisine to rustic taverns featuring hearty menus, it’s easy to make an adventure of dining at the best restaurants in Vail. Read on to learn more about some of our favorite suggestions. Then, request a free copy of our Vacation Guide for more local insight on the best of the region.
5 of the Best Restaurants in Vail, CO
Whether you’re searching for a cozy après ski destination in the winter or a light and refreshing meal in the summer, you’ll find no shortage of year-round dining options.
1. Sweet Basil
Sweet Basil is an incredible restaurant that offers a creative take on modern American cuisine. Here, you’ll encounter a diverse array of culinary influences on the menu, which changes seasonally to accommodate fresh ingredients. Examples of dishes include:
- Whipped Feta with Calabrian chile and garlic honey
- Tiger Prawns a la Plancha with pineapple, aji Amarillo, pickled onion, grilled avocado plantains, and black lime
- Braised Colorado Lamb with orange hoisin, sugar snap peas, buttered turnips, and sesame rice puffs
- & more
“I always put something special in my food, my heart” — Nobu Matsuhisa
Experience carefully crafted cuisine at Nobu Matshushia’s restaurant in Vail, CO. The chef’s new-style Japanese cuisine includes inspirations from all of the places he studied included Tokyo, Peru, and Argentina. Some dishes you might see on the menu include:
- Fresh sushi and signature sashimi
- Black truffle sea bass
- Scallops with jalapeno salsa, wasabi pepper, or spicy garlic
- Salmon, Beef, or Chicken Kushiyaki with your choice of sauce
- & more
As the name suggests, bōl not only offers food and drinks. They also boast bowling lanes! This is a wonderful place for families and friends to enjoy delicious food as well as a few rounds of bowling in a luxurious and upscale setting. Their menu includes items such as:
- Lobster Gyoza with mascarpone, sun-dried tomato vinaigrette, and arugula
- Burrata and Garlic Toast with marinated Divina and cherry tomatoes
- Chili Guajillo Marinated Hanger Steak with crispy jalapenos, chimichurri
- Homemade cookies and brownies
- & more
4. La Nonna Ristorante
Who doesn’t love homemade Italian food paired with delicious wines? La Nonna Ristorante offers impressive pairings that will leave you dreaming of your next meal there. This establishment is a don’t-miss stop for pasta-lovers. Dishes you might see on the menu include:
- Polpo Alla Brace: Grilled Spanish octopus, red pepper infused olive oil
- Ravioli Tre Funghi: Homemade mushroom ravioli, light cream sauce, white truffle oil
- Gemelli Alla Vodka E Prosciutto: Prosciutto flambéed with vodka, light pink sauce
- Pollo Alla Piastra: Roasted natural ABF chicken marinated with Italian herbs
- & more
5. Montauk Seafood Grill
Montauk Seafood Grill has been a part of the Vail restaurant scene for three decades. Montauk is a restaurant that we refer our guests to quite often. Located in Lionshead, this establishment boasts an impressive menu with dishes such as:
- Miso Glazed Sea Scallops with Crispy Soba Noodle Cake, Julienne Cucumber Tobiko Salad, Sriracha Vinaigrette, and Aged Soy Beurre Blanc
- Steamed Alaskan Crab with Buttermilk Whipped Potatoes, Roasted Butternut Squash & Brussels Sprouts in Maple-Pecan Butter, Drawn Butter, and Fresh Lemon
- Double Chocolate Bread Pudding with Rich Chocolate Bread Pudding, Toasted Coconut Gelato, House-Made Chocolate Sauce, and Toasted Macadamias
For hand-picked suggestions for restaurants from our local staff, you can request a copy of our Vacation Guide or browse restaurants by area via this Vail Valley Dining Guide. Additionally, our Concierge Staff is always available to point you in the right direction. We will even make your reservations for you.
Stay in the Heart of the Valley at Lodge at Lionshead
Stay near all the best Vail restaurants, attractions, and outdoor activities when you stay in luxurious accommodations at the Lodge at Lionshead. We offer various studio or multi-bedroom condos and lofts that are perfect for you and your friends and family. Each accommodation is uniquely appointed with stunning decor and offers everything from fully equipped kitchens to cozy furnishings and bedding. Our local, on-site staff is happy to assist you in any way to ensure that your stay is one for the books.