If ever there were an on-mountain amusement park, this would be it. Adventure Ridge at Eagle’s Nest at the top of the gondola offers family-friendly activities for the young and young-at-heart! Open from mid-December through April from 2-9pm, it’s also the perfect hang out teens after a day on the mountain.
Here’s a look at what is available…
- Tubing – Music, long lanes and a a covered lift! Tubing is by the hour on a first come, first served basis. Adrenaline rush guaranteed!
- Ski Biking – If tubing doesn’t get your heart pumping, this will. Take the wheels off the bike, replace them with skis and you’ve got ski biking. After a brief lesson, your guide will take you from Eagle’s Nest to Lionshead through the trees and down the ski runs. It’s a blast, but we would suggest having a sense of adventure. This is not for the timid or faint of heart.
- Forest Flyer Mountain Coaster – Wind your way 3,400 feet down the mountain and through the trees on this raised alpine coaster. You’re the driver so you can make it as hair-raising or scenic as you want!
- Snowshoeing – There are 11am, 2pm and 5:30pm daily tours at the Nature Discovery Center. Identify animal tracks and discover the quiet as you go off the beaten path on Vail Mountain. Tours are free.
- Bistro Fourteen – Casual, friendly dining at Eagle’s Nest. Come in from the cold for cocktails and apps or a delicious dinner. When you’re warm enough, grab a hot chocolate or coffee and enjoy by the fire pit out under the stars.